Engagement photos mark a significant moment in a couple’s journey towards marriage! These images can be cherished not only by the couple but also by their families and friends. An engagement session serves several purposes, and it’s a pre-wedding photo shoot designed to capture the love and commitment between a couple!
So why do an engagement session?
An engagement session helps couples build confidence in front of the camera. This newfound comfort often translates into more natural and authentic photos on the wedding day!
Also Engagement photos can be incorporated into various aspects of the wedding, such as displayed at the venue, included in a guestbook, or showcased during the reception! They add a personal touch to the overall wedding experience! The photos can also be used to create beautiful artwork for your home, such as canvas prints or framed photos. It’s a lasting reminder of the love you share and the journey leading up to your wedding.
For a successful engagement session, consider these preparation tips:
- Coordinate Outfits: Choose complementary outfits that reflect your personalities and work well together in photos.
- Location Scouting: Pick a location that holds significance or showcases your interests. Discuss it with your photographer beforehand.
- Time of Day: Opt for soft, flattering natural light, usually during the golden hour (shortly after sunrise or before sunset).
- Professional Hair and Makeup: Consider getting your hair and makeup professionally done for a polished look.
- Relax and Be Yourselves: Focus on each other and let your natural connection shine. The goal is to capture genuine moments.
- Props or Personal Items: Bring along items that hold sentimental value or reflect your shared interests to personalize the shoot.
- Discuss Poses with Photographer: Communicate with your photographer about any specific poses or styles you prefer.
- Weather Preparedness: Check the weather forecast and be ready with any necessary adjustments to outfits or plans.
- Hydrate and Snack: Stay energized with water and a light snack. You want to feel comfortable and refreshed during the session.
- Communicate with Photographer: Share your vision, expectations, and any must-have shots with your photographer in advance.
- Practice Posing: If you’re unsure about posing, practice a few poses in front of a mirror to get comfortable.
- Props or Signs: Consider incorporating props or signs that announce your engagement or add a playful touch.
- Clean Ring: Ensure your engagement ring is clean, as it will likely be a focal point in many photos.
- Plan for an Outfit Change: If you want variety in your photos, plan for an outfit change during the session.
- Relaxation Techniques: If you’re feeling nervous, practice deep breathing or relaxation techniques to help ease any tension.
- Timing: Be punctual to make the most of your session time, especially if you’re shooting at a specific location with limited daylight.
- Enjoy the Experience: Treat it as a fun and memorable experience. The more relaxed you are, the more authentic your photos will be.
Overall, an engagement session is a wonderful way for couples to document and celebrate their love while creating meaningful and lasting memories. And remember, the engagement session is a chance to capture your unique connection as a couple, so embrace the moment and enjoy the process!
I hope this helps you decide if an engagement session is for you! If so, contact Kayla to book your engagement session with Birch & Belle Photography! Can’t wait to work with you!